Centers at the University of Montana are approved and periodically assessed according to UM Policy 103: Establishment and Periodic Review of Academic Institutes, Bureaus, Centers, Stations, Labs, and Other Similar Entities.
Creating a new center
- A new center requires both Faculty Senate and Board of Regents approval.
- For information about preparing a proposal for a new center, please see directions for submitting a Level II Center proposal.
Centers are reviewed at least every five years according to a rotating schedule.
- Schedule of Centers to be Reviewed
- Guidelines for the Center's Report
- Center Review Process & Timeline
- Center Review Budget Form
Center Review Reports
Faculty Senate Center Review reports are archived on the Faculty Senate website.
Here is a list of existing UM Centers and the year in which each was established.