The University of Montana School of Law
UM Law Career Services
The function of Career Services is to facilitate the job search process for our students. While we believe obtaining employment is an individual and personal endeavor, we are eager to support our students in their individual job searches. Whether seeking a summer internship, part-time employment during the school year, or permanent employment after graduation, we will:
- assist you with the development of your resume and cover letters;
- notify you of positions posted with the law school;
- organize two on-campus recruitment events each year, one in early fall and the other in mid-spring;
- provide you with information regarding the most effective methods of conducting an out-of-state job search, a public interest job search, a government job search, a judicial clerkship job search, or an alternative career job search, as well as resources with which to conduct the search;
- present career workshops throughout the academic year, helping you to develop job search skills and to become acquainted with the myriad of employment opportunities open to a J.D.