AUDITIONS FOR SPRING TERM DANCE PRODUCTIONS
- Auditions for S14 dance productions (Dance New Works, etc.) will be held on Sunday, December 8, beginning at 4P in the Open Space (PARTV 005). Auditions are open to anyone; non-majors and even non-students are welcome.
- Dancers should arrive early in order to sign in and warm up. At 4P, dancers will be introduced to the dance faculty as well as to the format of the audition.
- Dancers will learn three distinct dances in the following forms: ballet, contemporary modern dance, and jazz. Dancers will perform each of these dances in groups of five. Following these performances, dancers are led through an improvisational dance structure.
- Auditions will end with an introduction of each of the choreographers seeking dancers for spring productions.
- The dress code is flexible, though dancers should arrive in clothes in which they can easily move and be prepared to dance with bare feet and with ballet slippers and/or jazz shoes (if dancers use them), as well as knee pads. It is recommended that dancers wear attire that covers their knees.
- Those attending auditions should bring spring schedules to determine availability for rehearsals.
- Cast lists will be posted the week of December 9 on the Dance Callboard. Dancers must accept or decline the pieces in which they have been cast when the lists are posted.