- Dennison Presidential Awards - Charter Day
Employee Recognition Day
- 2013 Faculty/Staff Award Winners
- Americans with Disabilities Act Award
- Academic Administrator Award
- Distinguished Scholar Award
- Distinguished Service to International Education Award
- Distinguished Teaching Award
- Graduate Assistant Teaching Award
- J.B. Speer Award for Distinguished Administrative Service
- Montana Faculty Service Award
- Most Inspirational Teacher of the Year Award
- Nancy Borgmann Diversity Award
- Outstanding Faculty Advising Award
- Outstanding Mentoring Award
- Outstanding Service to the Campus Community Award
- Outstanding Service to Students Award
- Outstanding Staff Awards
- Outstanding Teamwork Award
- State of the Community Event
- Mission Statement
- President's Office Hours
- A to Z Index
Outstanding Faculty Advising Award
The $1,500 Outstanding Faculty Advising Award recognizes a faculty member who has contributed substantially to excellence in undergraduate academic advising.
Who is eligible:
All faculty advisers.
Nominations for this award are evaluated using guidelines developed by the National Academic Advising Association. Advising excellence includes evidence of the following characteristics:
- current knowledge of university policies.
- effective interpersonal skills.
- demonstration of a caring attitude toward students.
- adequate time devoted to student advising.
- referral of students to appropriate sources of assistance.
- understanding of student concerns from a student point of view.
- provision of long-range educational planning and immediate problem-solving.
- willingness to share advising skills with colleagues.
- continuing to improve the style and substance of the advising role.
- advising for special populations (foreign, minority, undecided, special programs).
- attendance at and support of adviser development programs.
- number of years as an active academic adviser.
Who may nominate:
Department chairs, faculty colleagues and students.
- completed nomination form (.docx|.pdf).
- two-page substantiating narrative.
- up to five supportive letters, including at least one from a student.
Send nominations and documentation to:
Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
University Hall 126
Division of Biological Sciences
Previous recipients include Daniel Spencer, Cynthia Garthwait, Paul Lauren, Lisa Eby, and Jennifer McNulty.
Deadline for 2013 Nominations: February 22, 2013
Deadline for committees/individuals selecting recipients to forward the names to the Office of the President: March 8, 2013
Awards will be presented at:
UM Employee Recognition Day
April 19, 2013