- Dennison Presidential Awards - Charter Day
Employee Recognition Day
- 2013 Faculty/Staff Award Winners
- Americans with Disabilities Act Award
- Academic Administrator Award
- Distinguished Scholar Award
- Distinguished Service to International Education Award
- Distinguished Teaching Award
- Graduate Assistant Teaching Award
- J.B. Speer Award for Distinguished Administrative Service
- Montana Faculty Service Award
- Most Inspirational Teacher of the Year Award
- Nancy Borgmann Diversity Award
- Outstanding Faculty Advising Award
- Outstanding Mentoring Award
- Outstanding Service to the Campus Community Award
- Outstanding Service to Students Award
- Outstanding Staff Awards
- Outstanding Teamwork Award
- State of the Community Event
- Mission Statement
- President's Office Hours
- A to Z Index
Departmental Assessment Award
The Departmental Assessment Award is bestowed on an academic department that has exhibited a history of excellence in assessing student learning, classroom teaching, and program effectiveness.
The award comes with a $1,500 prize.
Who is eligible:
Who may nominate:
Nomination letters should be initiated by department chairs, and have supporting documentation from deans. Unsuccessful nominations from prior years may be activated and resubmitted.
A department may win the award only once every seven years.
The best applications will discuss and provide specific examples of how the department assesses student learning (e.g., embedded testing, student papers or projects, capstone courses, portfolios, evidence of student performance on national tests), classroom teaching (e.g., peer or chair review of classroom performance, student evaluation of classroom performance), and program effectiveness (e.g., student and alumni surveys).
Moreover, applicants should discuss how the results gleaned from the above assessments contribute to continuous improvement within the department.
For more information on assessment, see http://www.umt.edu/provost/policy/assess/
Send nominations and documentation to:
Dr. Arlene Walker-Andrews, Associate Provost
Office of the Provost
University Hall 126
Departments of Radio-Television and Print/Photojournalism
School of Journalism
Previous winners include the Department of Management Information Systems, Health Professions Department at the Missoula College, Information and Research Services of the Mansfield Library, and the Department of Drama/Dance.
Deadline for 2013 Nominations: February 22, 2013
Deadline for committees/individuals selecting recipients to forward the names to the Office of the President: March 8, 2013
Awards will be presented at:
UM Employee Recognition Day
April 19, 2013