- Dennison Presidential Awards - Charter Day
Employee Recognition Day
- 2013 Faculty/Staff Award Winners
- Americans with Disabilities Act Award
- Academic Administrator Award
- Distinguished Scholar Award
- Distinguished Service to International Education Award
- Distinguished Teaching Award
- Graduate Assistant Teaching Award
- J.B. Speer Award for Distinguished Administrative Service
- Montana Faculty Service Award
- Most Inspirational Teacher of the Year Award
- Nancy Borgmann Diversity Award
- Outstanding Faculty Advising Award
- Outstanding Mentoring Award
- Outstanding Service to the Campus Community Award
- Outstanding Service to Students Award
- Outstanding Staff Awards
- Outstanding Teamwork Award
- State of the Community Event
- Mission Statement
- President's Office Hours
- A to Z Index
Nancy Borgmann Diversity Award
(formerly the Annual Diversity Award)
The Nancy Borgmann Diversity Award, named in honor of a former Director of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, recognizes contributions made by individuals or agencies that support the University's mission on diversity. The award comes with a $1,500 prize.
Who is eligible:
All full-time permanent University employee who has contributed substantially to cultural diversity at UM.
Who may nominate:
Any member of the University community, including students, may nominate a deserving University employee.
- completed nomination form (.docx|.pdf).
- a one- or two-page substantiating narrative to describe how the individual has served as an example to others, provided service significantly beyond the normal expectations of his/her position, demonstrated through action the ideals of cultural diversity and furthering unity, helped others gain greater understanding of diversity and multiculturalism, and demonstrated exceptional talents that brought special recognition and pride to The University of Montana.
- At least three, but no more than five, typed letters of support must accompany the nomination form. At least one letter must be from a student. Previous applications may be resubmitted for a period of two years without updated recommendation letters.
Send nomination letters and documentation to:
Blakely Brown, Professor, Dept of Health and Human Performance
McGill Hall 207
A committee of student, staff and faculty representatives from the Diversity Advisory Council will select the award recipient. For more information, please call Blakely Brown at 243-2572.
Department of Psychology
Previous recipients include Penny Kukuk, President George M. Dennison, Gregory Larson, Udo Fluck, and Denny McAuliffe.
Deadline for 2013 Nominations: February 22, 2013
Deadline for committees/individuals selecting recipients to forward the names to the Office of the President: March 8, 2013
Awards will be presented at:
UM Employee Recognition Day
April 19, 2013