Policy Number: 301.2
Policy: Issuance of Emergency Local Checks
Date Adopted: 04/15/02
Revision Date: 01/04
Approved By: Robert A. Duringer, Vice President for Administration & Finance
The University of Montana is required to issue checks through the State Department of Administration. In very limited circumstances (examples identified below) an emergency local check may be issued.
- Foreign bank drafts and international money orders
- Opening of departmental petty cash and change funds
- Vendor payment problems
- Special circumstances involving student financial aid
- Payroll corrections/reissue
- Employee dispute settlements
Contact Business Services at 406.243.6260 for additional information.