Symphony Orchestra Auditions
Dr. Millán's office (Music Building 108)
August 22-26, 2013
You may sign-up for a time beginning on August 19th. The sign-up sheet will be posted outside Dr. Millán's door.
The audition will include:
- Excerpts (available below or download)
- Solo work(s) of your choice (2-3 minutes, without accompanist)
Suggestions for a successful audition:
- Be prepared
- Warm-up before the audition
- Listen to a recording of the excerpts to learn tempo, style and how your part fits in.
- Clean and accurate playing is always preferred over uncontrolled fast playing.
- The audition is a performance; if something goes wrong, just keep playing.
- Take a moment to look at the sight-reading before starting.
Percussionists: Auditions for orchestra and wind ensemble will be combined.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write to Dr. Millán at: email@example.com