SSL certificates from InCommon
The University of Montana is a member of an InCommon program that allows for unlimited SSL certificates for domains under University control at no cost to departments.
Obtaining an InCommon SSL certificate is a 5-step process:
1. Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for your server.
- Instructions for Apache
- Instructions for Microsoft IIS 5.x and 6.x
- Instructions for Microsoft IIS 7.x
- For others, go to https://support.comodo.com/?group=comodo and type "CSR generation" in the search box.
2. Request an access code from UM SSL administrators. You will receive the access code via email.
3. Enroll with InCommon using your access code and email address.
4. Approval: After submitting the form you will receive an email stating "AWAITING APPROVAL". Once the request has been approved by one of the SSL Administrators you will receive second email stating that the request has been "approved."
5. Issuance: InCommon will issue the certificate and send you a third email stating "Enrollment Successful" this email will contain the download links.