Configuring Outlook 2007/2010
When you configure Outlook for MS Exchange access to your email account, you then have access to more than an email client. Exchange offers contact management, scheduling, and collaborative tools that you won't have with other email clients.
1. Close Outlook if it's open.
2. In Control Panel, click Mail.
- In Windows XP, click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Mail.
- In Windows 7, Click Start > Control Panel > Mail.
- In Windows Vista, Click Start > Control Panel.
- In the 32-bit edition, click User Accounts > Mail.
- In the 64-bit edition, select Additional Options > View 32-bit Control Panel Items, and then double-click Mail.
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles > Add.
4. Type a name for the profile, such as UMConnect, and then click OK.
5. When the Add New E-Mail Account dialog box opens, enter your name, e-mail address (must be NetID@UMConnect.umt.edu), and UMConnect password in the appropriate fields, and then click Next.
6. Outlook will display a message that asks you to allow a Web site to automatically set up your account. The program runs auto-setup periodically. If you don't want to see this message every time auto-setup runs, select Don't ask me about this website again, and then click Allow.
7. You'll be asked for your UMConnect user name (NetID@UMConnect.umt.edu) and password before Outlook can configure your account. You may be prompted to enter your user name and password several times before you connect.
8. Once the account has been configured you will see a Congratulations page. Click Finish.
9. Click OK in the Mail window.
10. Close out of the Control Panel window(s).
11. Open Outlook. You will be prompted to enter your user name and password before Outlook can connect to your account. Make sure you enter your full e-mail address (NetID@UMConnect.umt.edu) as your user name. You may be prompted to enter your user name and password several times before you connect.