How to remove browser saved passwords
To remove stored passwords from your web browser, please follow these instructions.
To remove individual passwords
When using IE and a saved password is pre-filled on your screen, simply highlight the username that displays there, and press the Delete key to remove just that one username/password combination from IE. Internet Explorer will then prompt you to confirm that you do want to delete it.
To remove all the saved passwords
- Open the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click Content.
- Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
- Click Delete AutoComplete history…
To prevent AutoComplete in the future, make sure AutoComplete is deselected for User names and passwords on forms, and then click on OK.
To remove an individual or multiple site passwords:
- Click on Chrome in the Menu bar.
- Click on Preferences.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Under the heading Passwords and forms then click on Manage Saved Passwords.
- Under the Saved Passwords box highlight the site you want to remove the password from, then click on the X button.
- Click on the Wrench Icon or Menu option.
- Click on Options.
- Click on Personal Stuff tab.
- Click on Show Saved Passwords button.
- Under the Saved Passwords tab highlight the site you want to remove the password from, then click on the Remove button.
- Open the Safari menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Switch to the Autofill tab.
- Click the Edit button for Usernames and Passwords.
- Delete the entry that corresponds with the site you want to remove.
Mac or Windows
- Click Tools.
- Select Options.
- Click Security panel.
- Click Saved Passwords.
- Highlight the site you want to remove the password from, then click on the Remove button.