Configuring Outlook 2007 for Exchange
When you configure Outlook 2007 for MS Exchange access to your email account, you have access to more than an email client. Exchange offers contact management, scheduling, and collaborative tools that you won't have with other email clients.
1. Close Outlook 2007 if it is running.
2. From the Start button, go to the Control Panel, then select User Accounts. Under User Accounts, select Mail.
3. Select Add in the Mail window that opens.
4. At the New Profile screen, enter a Profile Name. Then click OK.
5. If you are using Outlook 2007 for the first time, you should be able to use the Auto Account Setup tool to setup the account. Enter Your Name and E-mail Address, and click Next. If you are unable to enter information on this next screen, please skip to step 7 to complete the process.
6. This Congratulations screen will display if the Auto Account Setup process works for you. Click Finish.
7. At the bottom of the Add New Email Acccount window, select Manually configure server settings. Then select Next.
8. At the next window, select Microsoft Exchange as your email service.
9. For the Microsoft Exchange Server enter umowa01.gs.umt.edu, then in the User Name box enter your first.last. Click Check Name to see if the Exchange system can locate your account. Click Next.
10. At the Connect to umowa01.gs.umt.edu window, enter your domain\first.last for the User name and then your MSO email password. Select OK.
11. You are now in your Outlook Inbox and may begin using your account. It may take a few minutes for Exchange to populate your mailboxes with your mail.