In order for Entourage 2008 to access MSO mail with an Exchange connection, you will need to update your version of Entourage to the Web Services Edition.
- Go to: http://microsoft.com/mac/downloads
- Products: Office 2008
- Available Downloads: Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition
- Download Details: Click Download Now!
- At the Microsoft Download Center screen, click Download.
- The Downloads box will display, indicating download progress.
- An Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition window will display. A second window will display prompting you to continue the install process.
- Click Continue several times until you reach the License Agreement. At this window, click Agree.
- Click Continue until you reach the Select Destination window. Select the destination, and then click Continue.
- Type the computer password, and click Continue.
- Next, the installation process will begin. Click Continue.
- You may be prompted to quit open applications. After you have done this, click Continue.
- The last window you see will confirm a successful installation. Click Close.
- You are now ready to configure Entourage as an Exchange client.
Setting up Entourage using Exchange to access your MSO mail
Open Entourage. Entourage may automatically configure your exchange connection. If so, here is the process:
1. A Welcome to Entourage window displays. Select Import... then click the right arrow at the bottom of the window.
2. At the Entourage Setup Assistant window, select your version and click on the right arrow to continue.
3. At the Entourage Setup Assistant window, click on the right arrow at the bottom of the screen.
4. At the next window, click on the right arrow at the bottom of the screen.
5. At the Entourage does not support... window, click OK.
6. An Import Complete window will display. Click Finish. Your account is setup and you may now use your account.
If the process does not automatically begin, please follow these steps:
1. From Tools, click Accounts.
2. At the Accounts window, click New.
3. At the New Account window, under Add new mail account, select Exchange. Click OK.
4. At the Edit Account page, next to Account name, enter a name for this account. (i.e. First Last).
- Name: your name as you want it to appear in the "From" field of your outgoing messages.
- E-mail address: your e-mail address: email@example.com
5. Your account should automatically configure the rest of the process. If it does not automatically complete you will need to go to the Advanced tab and, under Server Information, next to Exchange server enter: https://umowa01.gs.umt.edu/EWS/Exchange.asmx. Click OK.
Note: A small number of MSO account holders have their NetID (not first.last) as their account names. They will need to enter their NetID next to Account ID.
6. Your account is now setup and your mailbox will start receiving mail.