IT maintenance: April 30 - May 4
Tuesday, May 1, 5:00 p.m. – midnight
- · Banner maintenance: Banner will be down Tuesday, May 1, from 5:00 pm until midnight for maintenance. The databases that will be down include ADMN, CyberBear, UMDW, REPORT, TESTRED, HCADMN, HLNRED, MyUMH, AUADMN, AUDW, AUTST8 and ALUMRED. Banner users should limit batch jobs and log off by 5:00 pm. CyberBear and MyUMH will go down about 4:45 pm.
Tuesday, May 1, 5:15 p.m. – until completed
- ftp.umt.edu: Routine maintenance on the anonymous ftp server. During this time access to ftp.umt.edu will be unavailable. Downtime is expected for one to two hours.
Wednesday, May 2, 6:00 a.m. until complete (approx. 10 minutes)
- Network router reboots: IT network engineers will reboot three of the UM core network routers at 6:00 a.m. Wednesday May 2nd, 2012. All network connectivity on the UM network will be lost for approximately 10 minutes while this occurs. This includes all UM campuses and locations.
Wednesday, May 2, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Cascade server migration: IT web administrators will perform Cascade migration to a new server. During this time access to Cascade will be unavailable.
Thursday, May 3, 3:00 a.m.
- Internet outage: There will be an outage on UM's link in Minneapolis on Thursday 5/3/12 at 3:00am MDT that will be under 15 minutes. This will disrupt UM's primary commodity internet connection (Cogent). We will failover to our backup link to Visionnet in Missoula but there will be a short interruption in service of about one minute when the failover occurs. Traffic will automatically fail back over to our primary link afterwards and there will be no other interruptions after the first minute or so. This will affect all campuses. Traffic affected will only be part of our commodity traffic as our link to Seattle will still be working. The effect will be a partial one minute outage on campus.
Thank you for your cooperation.