Arena Technical Specifications
- 7,210 In the Round
- 5,340 Reserved Seating / Festival Floor
- 4,740 Reserved Theatre Seating
Please Note: Reserved floor seating varies with stage size and FOH size*
See Also: Seating Diagrams
- 148 feet from front to back
- 96.5 feet from side to side
- 14,270 square feet with bleachers in a closed position
- 60 feet from floor to rigging grid
There is no loading dock so truck ramps are required. From the ground level load-in entrance of the building, equipment must be brought down an interior ramp / tunnel that drops 16 vertical feet down to the venue floor level. We recommend that traveling shows consider boosting their stagehand requirements to accommodate this ramp as it measures 76' long x 13' feet wide. A forklift is necessary. The Adams Center can provide a forklift and operator.
- An adjustable Stageright stage from 36''-54'' in height.
- A stage of 64' by 48' can be constructed with the staging.
- A barricade up to 60' in length is also available for rent upon request. Two of the four fire exits on the arena floor are located on either side of the stage. (No equipment can be placed within eight feet of stage right or left in order to maintain a fire aisle.)
Backstage are two locker rooms that are equipped with bathroom facilities. There is an additional 2,100 square foot green room for equipment storage, production office or additional dressing rooms.
- A paved surface fenced lot in front of the load-in door with room for two semis or touring buses to park one in front of the other.
- A gravel lot next to the fenced lot that can accommodate approximately 6 touring buses or trucks
- Safe Working Load: 2200 lbs. Per ten feet of steel with bridled points not exceeding 90 degrees at the bridle leg junctions.
Adams Center currently has a 60 by 80 feet rigging grid with 60 feet over the working stage area. The grid consists of 8 and 10 inch square tubing at 10-foot intervals forming 10-foot squares. (The grid is attached to wooden arches that support the roof by steel rods. The rods are attached to brackets lagged into wooden arches.)
Additional Sound: An EV/QSC based house sound system has 7 speakers flying below the level of the steel. The vertical height of a wire rope basket, shackles and chain motor housing will clear both the trusses and speakers. The house speakers are available for tie into for upper seat coverage. (Information on the house system is available upon request.)
- 2 spot nests are located at the back of the arena, above the top row of seating. Each accommodates 2 20-amp spotlights. (4 Lycian 1275 spotlights are available to rent for production.)
- House lights (various discharge fixtures controlled from the sound booth located upstage, stage right in the corner of the venue.)
- 1200/400/60 amp 3-phase electrical service is upstage, stage right.
- The 1200amp/400amp services are supplied with 5 wire cam lock hookups
- 110 and 220 service is available at the far end of the arena
- 110 service is available at the arena midpoint
- Shore power is available in the parking area for buses
Prior arrangements are needed for the use of theatrical foggers. (The Adams Center fire alarm system has beam detectors. Alternate arrangements can be to shut down the detectors for a production.)
Road cases and equipment can be stored:
- Under the stage
- The staging area at the top of the venue floor (the ramp)
- The arena track tunnel directly behind the stage