Undergraduate Nondegree Status
An applicant who wishes to pursue studies for his or her personal growth and who does not wish to work toward a formal degree at The University of Montana-Missoula may apply as an undergraduate nondegree student. This option is not available to freshmen unless they are applying to the Missoula College. Each applicant should understand that acceptance to this category does not constitute acceptance into a degree granting program. Applicants admitted as undergraduate nondegree students are not eligible for financial aid.
Each applicant must certify on the application form that he or she has graduated from a high school that is fully accredited by its state department of education, or has passed the General Educational Development (GED) test. To be considered for nondegree status, a student must have attempted 12 or more college level credits. This category is not open to students currently on academic suspension from The University of Montana.
If a person is admitted as an undergraduate non-degree student and later wishes to change to a degree program, he or she will be required to file an application for readmission, furnish the required supporting credentials and meet the regular admissions standards for the intended program. Readmission applications are available from Enrollment Services-Admissions, the Missoula College, or the Registrar's Office.
How to Apply
Applications for admission are available from Enrollment Services-Admissions by request or are available on the University website at http://admissions.umt.edu/apply..
Receipt of the following credentials in Enrollment Services-Admissions or the Missoula College constitutes a complete application for admission to the undergraduate nondegree status:
- Application form. Applications must complete and signed.
- Application fee. The fee is $30.00 or $36 when applying on-line. This non-refundable fee is payable once at the undergraduate level provided payment is followed by enrollment. Record of payment will remain on file for one year for students who do not enroll. An application cannot be considered prior to payment of this fee. The University of Montana-Missoula waives the application fee for students who have attended an affiliate campus: Montana Tech and the Division of Technology, Helena College of Technology, and University of Montana-Western.
- Immunization Form. All applicants are required to submit a completed Pre-Registration Immunization Form to the Curry Health Center two weeks prior to registration. The form must be complete, accurate and validated by a health official.
When to Apply
Applications and all required documents submitted by the following dates will receive priority consideration:
- March 1 - Autumn semester
- November 15 - Spring semester
Applications received after the priority dates are considered on a space-available basis.